Tuesday, April 18, 2006

a nice day in the sun

Jaclyn and I had a nice "mental health" day yesterday. I didn't have to go to school and she didn't have to go to work. So, we headed to downtown Chattanooga and just walked around and hung out--something we (amazingly) haven't done in the 5 years we've been at Southern. So here are some pictures.

We got downtown a little after 10:00a and went shopping in the few outlet stores that are in Warehouse Row. We actually both bought clothes there at the Tommy Hilfiger and Bass outlets. They're nice buildings, but there are only about 10 stores total. It was kind of depressing in there.

We then walked from the Choo Choo area all the way to the aquarium and to the new Riverwalk area. We played in the fountain/waterfall/steps thing between the two parts of the aquarium and walked around for a while.

We visited lots of little shops and stores, including the gift shop in the aquarium. It was fun playing with the stingray puppets in there :).

At some point, we both got hungry and we walked back up Broad St. to Ankars. Mary Jane had told us over and over that we needed to go to Ankars for falafels. Well, we finally did. We both got a falafel and we split onion rings. It felt so good to sit inside in the shade and air conditioning. [The worst part of being outside was that whatever killer allergens are lurking outside make you feel bad enough that you don't want to be outside anymore. I had a terrible headache by the time we left for home.]

After eating a meal, I decided that we should take a risk of feeling worse and try some Ben & Jerry's ice cream. [We both ended up feeling worse, btw] I don't think I've seen ice cream melt so fast. I had to inhale it so it wouldn't all go away. It was a good thing I got back in the water after eating it, because I would have been sticky!

We talked to Mary Jane & Randy on the phone for a while. They were on their way back from visiting Ryan in Florida. We heard about all of their great deals shopping and what they had done during the weekend. Then we laid on the concrete next to the aquarium again and waited until it was time to walk over to the theater to see a movie. We decided to watch Ice Age II. It was pretty funny. We were the only people in the theater! Not much business at 3:00p on Mondays, I guess.

Anyway, we rode the free electric shuttle back to the car and headed home. That was our whole day. Too bad all of the days can't be so fun . . .

2 comments:

MJ 8:10 PM CDT  

Hey, nice pictures! Sounded like a grand mental health day - tasty too! I was treated to China Kitchen today - I like Ankar's much better!

I need to talk to you about your text alignment being so smooth around the pictures. It doesn't work out well for me on my blog, as you've noticed. Let me in on your secret... mj

Unknown 4:55 AM CDT  

hi carrie,

that's the kind of days i LOVED in chatty... :) i used to do just the things you just did and loved it oh so much. wish i could have been with you. isn't that outlet mall sad? it's so nice, but sad at the same time. it always gave me a wierd feeling. did you find the nine west outlet upstairs? that was the BEST. i found great shoes there for good prices. :) anyways, hope you have a good week. love ya!

tara

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP