Sunday, September 17, 2006

me & my little friends

Last night was our Seniors vs. School football games up at the field. It's so nice to have an athletic field that actually has lights, even if these are fairly dim and just the right height to ruin even the best photographs.

This picture is from the girls' game, which was played first. Jill is the one in green playing for the school team. I had a hard time getting any worthwhile action shots, but staying on my feet kept me awake.

Becky coached the girls' school team and Michael played in the guys' staff vs. school game, so the girls were up at the field even until I left around 11p. Gabby was the loudest cheerleader there and the seniors convinced her to cheer for them. We tried taking some self-portraits. This first one didn't work too well. Olivia kept leaning in too far or sliding down, or trying to push the button.

This one worked better. Olivia pointed and shrieked when I showed her this picture on the viewfinder. She yelled, "Me!" and then pointed at my face and laughed. She ran around a lot during the games. She even sat on a football in the middle of the softball field. When I asked her what she was doing, she just said, "Egg." I guess she was trying to hatch it!

Sparky was the seniors' mascot, I guess. He's being trained to be a seeing eye dog and lives with the Leys. His big "brother" and "sister" played football. He always gets bored and rolls over on his back.








And my last little friend was this cardinal I found on the ground this morning. I think it flew into the windshield of the RV parked beside the triplex. It finally hopped away after it sat behind me for a while.

7 comments:

whisperer 9:43 PM CDT  

You have a nice variety of friends, blurry people, little people, furry people and confused people. I hope the poor little cardinal is ok.

Surfs Up 6:15 AM CDT  

The picture of the dog with the uniform is great! And that is a neat motion picture from football too. Nice couch! It's about time you got it!

Ryan

Ryan and Jaclyn 7:10 AM CDT  

You always have such cute little friends wherever you go... ;-)

golftooter 10:17 PM CDT  

nice couch and chair. I like the photo of the girls football. Amazing how you can keep that still without a tripod.

golftooter 10:18 PM CDT  

nice couch and chair. I like the photo of the girls football. Amazing how you can keep that still without a tripod.

golftooter 10:19 PM CDT  

now cut that out.

MJ 5:11 AM CDT  

Aren't little kids the greatest to hang out with? I miss having any around, or a certain few BIG kids for that matter.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP