Wednesday, February 21, 2007

distractions

On Sunday, Ryan talked to Kathy Trumper about a job opening at Ridgetop Elem. School near here. While they were talking, I had fun watching this mockingbird making a nest in the holly bush outside of our front mirrored windows. The mirror surface isn't perfect though, and it could see me taking pictures of it. I think it looks angry that it was caught in the act!

It's fun being able to get that close.


I put a bird feeder on my kitchen window. So far, the only animal to have found this 2nd floor feeder is this stupid squirrel. The squirrel didn't care that I was standing right there watching it eat. Even when I banged on the window, it didn't leave.

Jeff called me this morning and asked if I wanted pictures of a red-headed woodpecker. As it turns out, it was actually a female pileated woodpecker on the tree right behind where we park.

After watching with my binoculars, I spotted this male pileated not far away. I'm assuming they're a pair because they weren't fighting.

2 comments:

Carrie 8:49 PM CST  

um...after looking at the first pileated picture more closely, i think it might be a male too. there goes the pair theory!

whisperer 4:16 PM CST  

So what did Ryan think about the job? Did he like it? Did they like him?

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP