Sunday, April 29, 2007

grab your binocs

Yesterday after lunch, I put a blanket in my front yard and took pictures while I sat outside. The goldfinches are back in full force. The most I've seen on just the sock is 7.


Then, another bird flew up. I have had the female rose-breasted grosbeak at the feeders earlier this week, but this is the first male. He let me get about 5 feet away (2nd picture) before flying.

Even though I wasn't on supervision for the park, I went anyway because it was so nice outside. The kids had fun climbing the tree . . . until I made them get down. :(

I saw bluebirds at the park catching various bugs.

This is a warbling vireo, although I didn't hear it warble!
I also saw a palm warbler, and spent what felt like an eternity trying to point it out to a couple who had binoculars. This just goes to show that you shouldn't assume that because someone is "dressed for the part" that they know what they're doing. I knew I was in trouble when I asked them if they had seen anything interesting, and they said "there's a robin on the fence over there . . ."
I saw a yellow-rumped warbler, lots of chickadees, and blue jays.

Most of the kids just sat around the whole time we were there. I played catch with Ethan (8th grader) and he accused me with trying to break his hand. :)

This is Bethany. Her dad's the music teacher/work coordinator. She had fun bothering Tiffany Massey's dog, Allie.

Today we have our Spring Picnic, which is just class on class softball games starting at 11. Then, Academy Days starts around 3:30p and I'm helping with candy bar softball. By the end of today, I will be softballed out!

1 comments:

Unknown 2:57 PM CDT  

cute pics. :) i miss spring there. i can't wait to see you. campmeeting right? love ya

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP