Sunday, May 20, 2007

pomp & circumstance

This weekend was graduation. We finally got all the students out of here. I was more glad when the freshmen and sophomores left. I will miss a lot of the senior class, but they were sure difficult to deal with here toward the end.

Steve Baughman (one of our teachers) was the Consecration speaker on Friday night. He used Dr. Seuss books as the basis of his talk. It was really good - probably my favorite of the whole weekend. The seniors light candles at the end of the program and go and light a junior's candle. Amanda lit her cousin Jill's candle.

I didn't really take pictures at church. I ran the seniors' PowerPoint presentation for Sabbath school of their mission trip.

We had Class Night and Commencement in the gym. I cut the "2007" numbers out of foam board on Friday afternoon after we figured out that the seniors didn't have any.

Class Night was fun. I did the PowerPoint for that program too. It was fun seeing the seniors' talents and the show wasn't that long, so we got to the reception afterward by a decent time.


Commencement was pretty short today. I think we were out of the gym by 11:20ish and I was home by noon. Herb Montgomery was their speaker. Volker Henning brought Southern's scholarships. The first girl's name he read was someone who was asked to leave right before class trip. The next guy's name was someone who never attended Highland. He was pretty apprehensive about reading any more names, but the third time was the charm. Everyone cheered when it was actually someone supposed to be recognized.

I tried to go say goodbye to all the seniors, but I think I missed a couple. It felt really hot outside in the sun, even though it was only like 75 degrees out.

I took some self-portraits with graduates afterward, but handed off the camera for these three. Nicole and Megan were on All-Stars volleyball and they stayed in my condo while we were on ski trip. They're both crazy.

Zach always came in my office and stole candy. He did give me some cash at the end of the year to offset the dent he made in my supply. He kept coming in my office telling me to frame that 1928 $2.00 bill I got at Panera, so I gave it to him for his graduation present. It's been sitting on my desk for a long time and I never did anything with it.

0 comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP