Tuesday, June 12, 2007

sacrifice your extremities!

We had our last regular season games tonight against a team with the same record as us, 11-7. We're tied for 3rd in the league with another team.


I'm not sure if this was before or after JP pulled her hamstring. She was hitting really well tonight.

I missed lots of balls that came to me tonight. Here's one of them.

Ryan coached bases for us.

Renee misses one over her head.

Cindy steps up to the plate.

Renee's nickname is "Legs." She nearly always beats the throw to first, or throws them off by being so close when the ball is thrown in.

Ryan got this shot of me turning a double-play. I think I made two during the games. One time, I caught a line drive and tried to throw the girl out who had left first, but nearly missed hitting her in the head.

We were tied 15-15 going into the 6th inning (supposed to be last, due to time) in the first game and let them get ahead. We were home team, but only pulled off one run for a final score of 23-17. (I just read what I typed and realized that 15 + 1 = 16! So that was our final score, 23-16. Sorry about that - note the time.)

The second game was a lot better for us. We ended up 13-1. So, we're still tied with this particular team. I can't complain though, because I got to turn double-plays, slide, and I hit a home run (not over the fence).

L to R back: Norvella Ashby, Keri Williams, Jamie Latham, Renee Mathis, Wilma Case, Cindy Burtnett, Nikie Watkins, JP Mathis, Don Mathis - coach L to R front: Carrie Iverson, Shauna Aldrich, Jackie Duffy, Michelle Young not pictured: Jifer Proctor, Julie Stewart, Michele Ley, Denice Bushor Thanks to Chadd, Ryan, Tyler, Don, and Paul (and anyone I forgot) for coaching bases!

1 comments:

Unknown 10:00 PM CDT  

you totally rock. :) it was so good to see you! sorry it was for so short. i'm back, and really jet-lagged at work. i keep telling people on the phone ""Good Evening" when it's actually morning here... :) go figure! hey, you got those pics of campmeeting? could you email them to me? thanks! i think lori is the cutest preggie ever.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP