Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sabbath afternoon activities that rock!

I'm home again. Back at the ranch with all 8 cats and 2 dogs. Ryan and I drove over from Collegedale on Friday after he went to a couple of interviews. We stopped and saw the Cooks (and their new Altima) on the way home for some spaghetti.

My mom took off this whole week while we're here, so we're just planning on one big party.

We drove up to Stone Mountain State Park for some afternoon refreshing mountain activities. Sliding down the rocks there was always my favorite thing about the park.

Maggie and Oreo came with us, so I dragged Maggie down the "slide" with me. Oreo doesn't like water as much, but she went down a couple of times . . . not willingly. One time, Maggie swam with me over to the little hole to the left of the waterfall in the first picture.

Grant gave Ryan lessons in how not to run into rocks. I don't know if it worked though. I went down with Oreo one time and almost knocked a little kid down. Oreo and I got split up and we went around him on either side. Disaster averted.


The dogs got pretty tired out from running all over. We found out that Oreo is part mountain goat. At one point, she ran across the rocks in the upper falls without slipping! I thought for sure I was going to have to catch her on the way down. She also dove off the angled rock on the side after realizing she was falling with nowhere to go. It was pretty funny watching her.

I was the only one who would slide down the upper falls. I used to be really scared to climb out to them, but it seemed easier this time. The part Oreo ran across was just above where I'm sitting in the picture. When we used to come to Stone Mountain, the water was over my head, but rocks and sand have filled in the pool. It's still fun though.






Deer were abundant in the park. We were greeted by a few with "Will work for food" signs on the road. Maggie took a while to even notice them, but you can see in this picture that she saw this one. I have a picture of a speckled fawn, but it didn't get copied over to the computer, so it's not here. Sorry.

The dawgs - tied up and hungry while they watched us eat our picnic supper.

1 comments:

Unknown 4:41 AM CDT  

looks like fun. :) is ryan surviving all the critters!?

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP