Thursday, October 04, 2007

feet hurt? walk it off

To make the most of our time in Asheville, I gave Jaclyn and Ryan a tour of my summer home. Hee hee . . .




The weather was perfect, even considering we were inside for most of the morning. We went through the whole house and even saw the 4th floor. The last time I went through the Biltmore Estate, you could only go through the first 3 floors. The fourth floor had maids' quarters and laundry. The coolest thing about it was the architectural model and drawings of the house used in the proposal for it to be built.

We went outside and wished that we had more time to walk around and spend time in the gardens. They were switching over to fall flowers, but everything was still really pretty.

We had fun taking pictures of each other with all of the different backdrops. I'm sure Jaclyn felt like she was my & Ryan's personal photographer.

I was dead tired after the weekend and knew that I would be sleepy on the drive home. We met up with Stephanie for lunch at El Chapala, for good food and old time's sake.











Ken & Renee, we wished you could have stayed and gone through the house with us. Hey, you could just move this one to Charlotte . . . =)

The bees and butterflies liked all of the flowers and didn't mind my face up next to theirs. We had fun feeding squirrels with Dan & Lori on our way out through the parking lot too. I thought Ryan was going to stomp on one!

Anyway, it was a fun way to end the long weekend before driving back. Now I'm dealing with the usual - board meeting, ad council, staff meeting, and supervision. Thank goodness Ryan's coming for the weekend. It's nice to "get away" to my own house even!

2 comments:

Surfs Up 11:51 PM CDT  

That would be a good new house for Ken and Renee! I like the pics. in the walkway after we had gone through the garden. I'll see you later today!

Anonymous 11:19 PM CDT  

That would be a great house but who is going to clean it for me? Would you come and live with me there???? The Christmas parties would be grand!

Renee

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP