Sunday, December 16, 2007

fa la la la la . . . la la la la

As always on an academy campus, it was a busy weekend. Luckily, my involvement with the goings on was limited to church and I was there voluntarily. Anita Watkins and the people who help her decorate the church always do a great job. The only problem was that the tree limited stage space.

Our church partners with the McKendree Methodist Church in Portland to perform a Christmas Cantata every year. This year, our choir sang with the group too.

I used my spy lens to figure out what hymn we were supposed to be singing. The focal length was a little too short to get Hark! The Herald Angels Sing in focus like I wanted to.

While I wandered around taking pictures, Ryan waited for me to come back . . . He took several videos and some pictures too. I really wished that I had a star filter to use with all of these Christmas lights up.

Right before Ryan left tonight, we took some pictures by my tree. The tree still smells good when you walk in the door. It hasn't been sucking up very much water. I'm worried I didn't cut enough of the trunk off . . . Oh well, I'm just going to throw it in the woods when I get back from break anyway!

Since the last post, I put the Red Sox ornament on that Jaclyn got me, as well as the three ornaments from Camp AuSable last Christmas. Those of you with a keen eye may notice one more addition since last time.









I got a tree skirt! A bird tree skirt. We were at the mall today and American Greetings had a section of stuff that was 50% off, which made the price of this lovely felt tree skirt only $15! A lot better price than the ones I saw at Hobby Lobby!

5 comments:

Surfs Up 9:52 PM CST  

I can't believe I'm already looking at pics. from this weekend. It flew by!! I like your tree and maybe I'll get to see it once more the first weekend in January. Then I can toss it for you and save you some extra work!! I miss you already.

Erik and Tara 2:17 AM CST  

i love your tree. :) and especially the skirt!It's perfect! thanks for the sweetbday card.i cracked up b/c you and jackie sent me the same little dudes... :) do u still have that ringer in your phone?! love u!! tara

Anonymous 9:59 AM CST  

the new ornaments really set of the tree nicely. Go SOX MOM

MJ 5:14 AM CST  

The tree skirt is cool. I miss the smell of a real tree - glad you're enjoying it.

Anonymous 9:31 PM CST  

Hey Carrie, nice pics by the way. You have to tell me how you edited the picture to only have Ryan in color. Nice work, I could learn a lot from you. :) Merry Xmas

Erik

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP