Wednesday, February 13, 2008

flybar folly

So . . . those who know me well know that I'm a little accident-prone. Well, I had a run-in last night before reffing my volleyball game at rec.

The Gymnix have in their possession one of the coolest toys, in my opinion. It's called a Flybar, a.k.a. pogo stick on steroids. I love getting it out and jumping around the gym. It's quite the workout, since I'm too lazy to loosen some of the rubber bands that control the bounce. It can hold a person up to 250 lbs and the world record jump (height) on a pogo stick was achieved on a Flybar 1200. I think the record is around 7 feet high.

Anyway, I was jumping around making the kids who aren't on Gymnix jealous because they're not allowed to play with the gymnastics toys. I tried to jump off forward and straddle the Flybar on the way down, but didn't get my legs far enough apart and scraped my legs down the pedals (or whatever they're called), which are about 18" off the ground.

This is the result:
I'm just hoping to be able to play my volleyball game tonight!

The moral of the story is that I highly recommend you buying your own Flybar. They retail for around $350.

4 comments:

Surfs Up 7:42 PM CST  

Moral of the story??? I could think of a better one! I want to see you again in one piece next weekend!!

whisperer 7:10 AM CST  

Folks, THIS is why we call her Carrie Knievil

Ryan and Jaclyn 8:38 AM CST  

Shakes head... Carrie, Carrie, Carrie... (better get used to it Ryan, and you'd better believe she's going to be an enabler for your children ;-)

Ryan and Jaclyn 8:38 AM CST  

Shakes head... Carrie, Carrie, Carrie... (better get used to it Ryan, and you'd better believe she's going to be an enabler for your children ;-)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP