Tuesday, July 29, 2008

in transition

Nikie and Chadd got word Thursday that they could start moving into the boys' dorm apartment. A bunch of us helped them get things put in boxes and started moving things over with Jeff's trailer and the school Suburban. What this really meant was that Ryan and I could soon move into Chadd & Nikie's old house! Ryan and I took apart my crazy bookshelf in anticipation.

Packing the refrigerator magnets

This stuff was mostly from bringing Ryan's stuff up from Collegedale. You think the apartment was a little small for us?

The apartment's exterior (plus the Watkins' golf cart that I killed off-roading with it)

Finally Sunday the house was empty. Ryan and I went up to check it out.

Kitchen (adjoins living room) with vaulted ceiling

Master bedroom

Me in the garage - we can fit both cars and the Sea Doo in here!

The first load that wasn't in a car

Moving the piles

Emptying the living room

Second load that Michael, Becky, Steve, and Janelle helped unload

The outside of the new house

Randy and Mary Jane offered to come help us finish moving and unpack, so we gladly took them up on it! They made the process much easier and quicker. We really appreciate it!!!

It pretty much looks like this now. See the new tables!!!

I'm getting the books organized.

The refrigerator was delivered yesterday. We're so excited to have a dishwasher!!!

The "office" where the second TV and couch will go, along with our computers.

I'm gonna try to put a video on this post too. I have to add a disclaimer that I didn't listen to the video before I posted it . . .

4 comments:

whisperer 7:03 AM CDT  

I couldn't hear the video either cuz I don't have sound on my computer at work. Let me guess tho: "This is our living roomm, this is our kitchen, and my parents who came to help us move. And this is the kitchen again and the living room again and the "office" and the spare room and my closet and my shoes. This is the bathroom..." hehehe

Nice house! Beware you will fill it up with stuff, such is the way of life. I like the openness of the kitchen. Do you have to put the TV on the fireplace? I suppose that is where the hookup is. I'm really tickled that you could get such a nice place, you both deserve it!

Anonymous 7:19 AM CDT  

Wow! Very nice. I'm glad you get to have such a nice place. I definitely need to come visit now. Although, the video was a good start. I think Ryan has more shoes than I do at the moment (including flip flops) :)

Stephanie 1:44 PM CDT  

wow carrie!!! That's SO nice! I'm totally jealous. Nice and big and clean looking. and it has it's own room just for laundry! that's rare it seems. The tables look even better next to the couch. You'll have to come help me decorate my house one day. I found the "counting the shoes" part rather funny. I miss you guys.

Back to making packets I go... 1.5 hours til I'm off and I can't wait!

Anonymous 8:06 PM CDT  

What a beautiful place you have. The new furniture is beautiful also. Your life is full of newness. Enjoy. Hope you stay there for many happy years.
Renee

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP