Thursday, December 25, 2008

first (1st) Christmas

We went to Collegedale for the weekend to see John Locke who was home from Korea and anyone else who hadn't left for the holidays yet. Jonathan and Kelli came over with John for Sabbath lunch and we had a relaxing afternoon just talking mostly as the rain fell ALL day.

We opened presents for our first Christmas of the year on Saturday night.

Stockings come first

Randy got his heaters for the camper.

Mary Jane wearing her new soup tureen! (I didn't know what a soup tureen was before she asked for one, and after her demonstration, I'm still confused.)

While Ryan spent Sunday as a sports day, I drove down to see family in Calhoun. I barely got off the exit and avoided sitting in the south-bound traffic while the interstate was blocked for 3 hours!

After seeing the aftermath, I couldn't really tell what caused the accident, but this doesn't look good!

I finally made it over to Grandma Dut's, where I helped her set up some Christmas decorations. I also took pictures of some of her feathered visitors. Recognize a winter goldfinch?

Brown-headed nuthatch

Grandma's cat, Baby
Bird feeders are supposed to feed birds, right? This sharp-shinned hawk made off with one of the little birds and scared Baby out of the window in the process.

Grandma, Aunt Tonda, Joy, Harley, and Ella - all the girls on the couch.

We ARE smiling!

Evan's so big! He just turned 2 on Dec. 8. See his birthday boots? He's quite the buckaroo on his little horse. I hope the house survives. When I tried to leave a the end of the visit, he sat on me and said "NO!"

Back at the Heilmans' - a tufted titmouse finds ice where his/her water should be.

Christmas decorations on the tree

Ryan samples a candy cane

The Graves family came for lunch and an afternoon visit. Ryan enjoyed catching up with Byron over ping-pong. We also met Jenni, Byron's wife.

And finally back home on Monday night in time for football on our new TV. I love watching in HD!

1 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 7:25 PM CST  

Ella & Ethan are getting so big! Even just since this summer. It really made me sick to have to miss this weekend with you guys. :-( I'm so glad we'll get to see you at least once before we leave when you're down the first week of January. Your bird pictures are great - I can't believe that hawk!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP