Wednesday, November 16, 2005

owwwwww

I hurt my back again! Participating in backboarding during First Responder class today was a bad idea. Somehow I hurt my back last Friday--get this: by laying on the couch--and it was getting better until today. It hurts to sit, stand, and lay down. (I think I'm in trouble.)

The following are some of my attempts at pain relief since last Friday: hot baths, Darvocet (worked, but only had 3 pills), Icy Hot, massage (thanks Jaclyn), heating pad, ice, Vicodin (didn't work, but made me dizzy), and of course Tylenol and Ibuprofen, oh, and ThermaCare back pad things. Anyone have any more ideas?


Since I have to go ride on an ambulance all day Friday, I'm getting worried that my back won't feel better in time. It also doesn't help that I can't ride my bike very well with a hurt back. This makes getting to class either take a long time or frustrating trying to find a parking place.

On a great note, I got about 10 hours of sleep last night! I kind of ignored my alarm clock this morning and didn't get up until 10 minutes before my 9 am class. I managed to walk in 2 minutes late after taking a shower and getting dressed. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Here's a nice picture of Jaclyn and me under the trees at Spalding when they still had leaves. We left Sabbath school early last week to go take pictures of them and Katie Lamb and her husband were out doing the same thing. Katie took a picture of us and sent it to us today. I didn't even know she knew who I was. The quality's not great, but it's an ok picture.

Ok, I'm going to sleep so I can get up and go to work. The professors have collectively decided to torture me by making me do all of their projects for next semester since I'm not working in the office during student teaching. Grr...

1 comments:

Unknown 8:23 AM CST  

You are the queen of pain remedies.... This is rather frightening it's not working! I would recommend acupuncture next.. .Hey, it worked for mom! :) Have a great day on the ambulance!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP