Sunday, March 26, 2006

the rest of the trip

Here are some pictures from when we went downtown. We took the Metro back into the Mall area on Friday and tried to get tickets to go up in the Washington Monument, but they were already all gone. We're not the best at getting up early :)

I had never been to the WWII Memorial or the Korean War Memorial because they were built after we moved away from MD. I wish the cherry blossoms had been blooming. I think we decided, after looking at a website, that the cherry blossoms actually haven't bloomed yet. We couldn't even tell which trees were supposed to be the cherry trees, but oh well. We found a few trees of other types that were flowering.

We didn't end up just relaxing on Thursday. Jaclyn thought that I should get my thumb checked out sooner rather than later, in case it was broken. And I was sick, so we decided to take me to an urgent care place. This was good because it got Lindsey out of the meeting she didn't want to go to anyway. So I had my thumb x-rayed and it's NOT broken. I also got some antibiotics and strong cough medicine for my cold. The doctor said I might have bronchitis. He wasn't sure?!? So, we went back to Lindsey's after that and watched Chicken Little (very funny, btw) and Finding Neverland (Lindsey had never seen it). That was the extent of our Thursday fun.

My flight back was good. The flight was totally full and they asked for volunteers to leave later in the day, but I wanted to come back earlier. I knew I was going to have a hard time staying awake! When I got to Nashville, my car didn't want to start right away, but I figured that would happen. I finally got it to start with the right combination of fuel & cranking the starter, I think.

I came back and ate lunch, then crashed on my sleeping bag & new sleeping pad (thanks Lindsey!) until about 5:30. Then Jaclyn & I walked over to the church and back. Our only evening activity was to go to Walmart and the mall. I got some pictures printed and finished a scrapbook page of the DC trip last night.

0 comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP