Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sabbath

I got to ride on a school bus for the second time in my life today. It reminded me of the first time, my junior year at Pisgah. We were going back to campus from the picnic at Camp Rockmont and Mr. Grow kept making comments about how a grizzly bear could run faster than the bus could drive. (The bus was owned by Fletcher, btw.) Anyway, we went to the church in Asheboro for the school church program, ate potluck, and drove back. It's about a 45-minute drive from the church to TCA (my dad's school).

This afternoon dad and I took the dogs to Salem Lake, Winston Salem's water supply. The dogs had fun trying to make bikers fly over their handlebars!

Oreo was hilarious. She hasn't really gone swimming very much. She tried to jump out to some "grass" that was growing in the lake. She proceeded to do antelope-like hops in the water. After a few of those, she actually went in several times and swam around with her head and feet very high out of the water. I liked her flying leap from the bank the best, though.

We acutally got Maggie to do some retrieving. We had almost begun to believe she forgot about that part of her name. It didn't last very long, but I have a picture to prove it.

I saw a female common yellowthroat near the water. The only other birds we saw were red-winged blackbirds, baby cardinals, and green herons. We heard a kingfisher and an oriole too.

I like this picture of Maggie. She had just gotten out of the water from chasing sticks.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Highland Academy to do some training before Salli Jenks leaves. We'll see how long the trip takes and if I remember anything about how to get to the school. I'm hoping to get away and go down to Collegedale next weekend, but it's Highland's graduation that weekend. I'm not sure if they'll want me to stay there or not.

1 comments:

Unknown 9:15 PM CDT  

hi carrie,

hope you're having fun at highland. how it the training going? do you like the staff? where will you be living? it would be nice if they could put you up in a little apartment for something. so is it pretty there? i've never actually been. i miss you. i hope you're doing well. you're thought of!

love tara

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP