Tuesday, May 23, 2006

weekend excursion

Grr . . . I tried to save a post on here and it got deleted! It was really long too. Here's the second shorter version, but with the same number of pictures.

I drove to Collegedale for the weekend on Sabbath morning. I left here (Highland) at 10:15a. We're in central time, so I got to Collegedale around 1:15-ish, just in time for lunch at the Heilmans'.

Ryan and I played catch after lunch with the neighbor kids' uncle (who was probably 11 or 12 years old). The kid kept saying that he could throw faster than me. It was kind of funny. So, we were outside for a while, but the weather was getting worse. We went for a walk with Randy and had to come inside so we didn't get struck by lightning.

Just after we came in, it started to hail. All three of us ran outside with cameras to watch the hail bounce off of our cars. (Notice the big splashes where the hail bounced off.) After it stopped, there was a nice rainbow that lasted about a minute before it faded.

Saturday night, I went to Ross to buy a bathing suit so we could go boating on Sunday. Ryan had a gift certificate to use at Barnes & Noble, so we went there for a while too and looked at lots of books. After we left there, we hit Taco Bell for a couple of bean burritos before heading back. We decided to watch a movie before we went to sleep, so we watched You've Got Mail until about 1:00a, when we were too tired to stay awake any more.

Sunday morning, we hit the SAU flea market for some bargain purchases. Ryan was Bob Benge's best customer :) Then we headed back to finish the movie. We stared out the front window for a while hoping that the clouds/rain/thunder would go away so we could go boating. After Randy and Mary Jane got back, we decided to be optimistic and headed out to the lake.

Ryan wakeboarded first (because he's always brave enough to jump in really cold water). I think he must have practiced down in Florida, because he jumped higher than ever! When I got in, the water temperature wasn't too bad. I could definitely tell that it was my first time out this season, though. I am SOOOO sore now.

The best part of boating was tubing. There's nothing better than being flung around on the end of a rope. I flipped over once trying to make my tube hit Ryan's. It's good that we stopped when we did, or I wouldn't have been any help for moving Jaclyn in, whatsoever.

Jaclyn and I ran errands and went shopping on Monday. We hooked up her utilities, printed pictures, went to the mall, I bought a microwave at Target, ate at Moe's, made up a new ice cream flavor (coconut/key lime/graham cracker) at Marble Slab, and talked to people in Wright hall. It was a very productive day, and the best part was that I got to be with Jaclyn!

I'm going to be at Highland until Friday. I'll probably get to leave in the morining and head home. Hopefully I'll get to stop at MPA and see Marca one last time before they move away. I am headed to Nosoca next week sometime for ad staff week, and will be back here at HA (Highland Academy) July 2nd with all of my stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous 8:09 PM CDT  

Hey Carrie,
Your pictures came out really good of the weekend! I like the one of the hail hitting your car. I actually attempted to post a blog tonight, but with some random pictures. It is ryanheilman@blogspot.com. I will have to get more motivated to update it!

Ryan

Anonymous 9:01 PM CDT  

I like your account of your visit here. It sure was fun having you. We had to change Ryan's URL to rjheilman.blogspot.com when we set up his own account at bloggers.com. At first we goofed and set up another account under my profile - that doesn't work...

Did you see his crazy first posting?

Mary Jane

Unknown 12:19 AM CDT  

carrie,

wow sounds like fun! i miss boating. that's the worst thing about being here with the seasons all switched i think: i know everyone there is getting out climbing and boating and i'm here in the cold wet! :) i'm glad you had fun. i got your thank-you card today: i'm glad you liked your presents. :) i'm headed up north tomorrow for a couple of weeks. anyways, goot luck at highland. i miss you!!!! love tara

Anonymous 3:29 AM CDT  

Carrie,
Glad you had a wonderful time with your friends. When the hail hit, we thought the windows were going to break on the house, and Honey was terrified! Write later in the week.
xo
Elaine

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP