Sunday, July 30, 2006

last weekend of freedom

Well, the pre-session meetings begin tomorrow. I have the privilege of taking minutes in our daily meetings for 7 days. We have the NAD Teachers' Convention August 6-9 where I will see LOTS of people from all of the places I've ever lived. It sounds like fun!

On Friday for supper and Sabbath for lunch, I went to Mathis's house. Tyler tried to take a nap on the couch after we ate, but it didn't last long.

Nikie and Chadd fell on/attacked him without warning on their way out the door. He managed to go back to sleep later, but Chadd came back and woke him up again.

One of my weekend projects was to recover the kitchen chairs. I found fabric at JoAnne Fabric for $3/yd. and it was half off with a coupon. So I got enough fabric to cover all of the chairs and make a curtain (I think) for less than $3.00 total.

Here's a close-up of the fabric. I had to find something that matches purple walls! Now I just need some pictures on the wall that go with this fabric! If I get the red couch, the fabric will match that too.

Here's another project I tackled today. I cut the inside mat to fit a picture Jaclyn took of me sleeping at Southern between classes. It was the semester I lived with Lindsey and I used to go to PreCalc at 9:00 and come back and sleep in the mornings. This was also while Jaclyn was taking photography class . . . go figure. Now it's hanging above my bed ;)

Gotta go get the apple crisp out of the dryer and the towels out of the oven . . . wait, maybe the other way around!

3 comments:

Anonymous 12:03 PM CDT  

Nice looking chairs! You did a good job. Did I leave you any staples for the stapler?

I guess the oven would be a good way to sterilize the towels.

See you next week.

dad

whisperer 1:01 PM CDT  

you bake like Grandma Dut. Did we ever tell you about the blueberry pie in the dryer? Go ask your father. I like the chairs! mom

Ryan and Jaclyn 5:57 PM CDT  

I like the coverings for the chairs. So you're going back to the red couch, eh??? I like what you did with the picture I took too. I wonder how many people have a picture of themself sleeping in their bedroom...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP