Monday, July 10, 2006

wild animals

Jaclyn & I went to the Nashville Zoo on Sabbath afternoon to see what kinds of creatures inhabit downtown Nashville. It was pretty hot, but the zoo has lots of shady paths, so it wasn't too bad. We did lots of walking and saw all of the neat animals they have.

This was actually one of the later animals we saw, a ring-tailed lemur. It reminds me of the movie Madagascar. The lemur king is soooo funny in that movie. Anyway, I think they're pretty.


I LOVED this exhibit with the Lorikeets. They would let you buy a cup of nectar to feed them, but we didn't want to. So, I used my SAU ID card (not good for a student discount at the zoo, but great for attracting birds) to lure the birds down to my hand. One tried to take it, I think.


These chairs were really cool. They weren't quite big enough for us both to sit comfortably, but they were nice for one person.


This is us looking hot and tired at the animal show. They showed two smaller cats, an opossum, some arthropods, a two-toed sloth, and an albino boa constrictor. There might have been more, but I can't remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous 4:22 PM CDT  

Great fun. Renee and I went to the zoo last Friday.

MJ 10:47 AM CDT  

I love the pictures. I haven't been to a zoo in years and it brought back great memories. Did you post that nice picture to my blog of you and Ryan? I really like it. Thanks.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP