Saturday, August 12, 2006

after the rain

We have had a couple of days of rain and thunderstorms. The birds seem to be more hungry after it rains.

I hid from the hummingbird and it still wouldn't come drink with me standing there.

The goldfinches were out in full force this morning. I had 6 goldfinches on this sock at the same time. I saw at least 7 in the front yard at one time and they were even eating off the ground. I got more thistle seed yesterday and they really appreciated it, I think.



These flowers guard my tomatoes (they were already here when I got here) from bugs, I guess. They were still full of water from the rain.

I have all kinds of finches in the front yard and they get along ok for the most part. At one point, I had 5 female house finches on this feeder and there are only 4 perches.

I thought this spider web was cool. It stretched all the way from the ground up to one of the branches on my walnut tree.

Anybody know what kinda vine this is? It's growing on my front "porch" and just started flowering. The hummingbirds don't seem to care about the flowers, but maybe that's because I have their feeder right next to the vine!

2 comments:

Unknown 9:33 PM CDT  

Those are really beautiful pictures Carrie! I can't wait for spring and summer here. Hope you have a good weekend!

love tara

Anonymous 11:53 PM CDT  

These are great pictures Carrie. I have enjoyed your blog and keeping up with you from long distance. I know Jaclyn misses you alot. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get to the choo choo often.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP