Friday, August 04, 2006

birds of summer

The birds are really enjoying the three feeders I put out in the front yard. There are more goldfinches on campus than you can count. At almost any time of the day, you can hear them chirping while they fly over. I like watching them hang onto the sock to pull thistle seeds out of the holes. Nikie and Chadd have a feeder that the goldfinches have to hang upside down from. That way none of the other birds can eat there.

The birds are always out on the feeders when I wake up in the morning. They've been emptying the feeder in this picture in about 2 days!

Besides goldfinches, I have seen a white-breasted nuthatch, tufted titmice, mourning doves (on the ground), house sparrows, a carolina wren, house finches, and cardinals.

I put up a hummingbird feeder too, but don't have any pictures of them yet. I have only had females come to it so far.

In other news, I got a new cell phone and accompanying plan today. So I'm now a Verizon AND Cingular customer :) I can talk for "free" to pretty much everyone now! Call me! Here's a picture of the phone, Jaclyn, so you can see what it looks like.

1 comments:

MJ 12:13 AM CDT  

This is the best news since carob fudge! Welcome to our world!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP