Sunday, August 20, 2006

too tired to think of a fun title ; )

Well, you've probably already read Mary Jane's and Jaclyn's blogs about our weekend. We headed up to the Ocoee river yesterday afternoon to cool off a little. We ended up needing all that cold water to help slow the swelling of our injuries! Jaclyn fell down immediately upon stepping into the creek. She was holding her side in this picture as she regained the ability to breathe using both lungs! Notice that Randy and Mary Jane look worried.

These waterfalls aren't as fun to slide down as the one at Stone Mountain, NC, but we had fun anyway. The water felt really good, so we took advantage of it. The expression on my face is from hitting my rear end on the rocks in the very shallow pool at the bottom. Amy, Jeremy, and Randy didn't come dressed to get in the water and Jaclyn didn't feel good enough to get in. Mary Jane was satisfied with getting her feet and legs cooled off. There were lots of little fish biting our legs and feet. Stephanie wasn't too thrilled about that.

Stephanie was sure reluctant about sliding. She wasn't looking forward to sliding down fuzzy rocks into the water. I had a hard time getting her to even let go of this rock! I finally convinced her to take the plunge.



I had to hold Stephanie's hand to get her to slide down with me (ok, not really). The worst part about sliding is that your heels hit the rocks at the bottom. I noticed that when I put shoes on today, my feet were kind of sore.

What really made my foot sore was getting stung by a yellow jacket. I had forgotten how much that hurts! Jaclyn and I hit the ibuprofen as soon as we get back.




The drive back tonight was pretty uneventful. I should have taken a picture of the traffic backed up on I-24 going east right around the river south of Chattanooga. There must have been an accident, although I didn't see one. It was really foggy because it had just finished raining/storming. I kept my camera out and managed to snap this picture without veering off the road or sideswiping anyone! I almost caught the engine going across the bridge.

2 comments:

whisperer 11:29 PM CDT  

Hi Carrie, glad you got home safely. We did too. It was nice to see you. Thanks again for the cow puzzle! Myrrh and Lily have never helped with a puzzle before and I'm a little bit afraid.

love, mom

MJ 9:45 PM CDT  

Hi Carrie. I wondered what you had to drive through going home Sunday. It was nice spending some time with you Sabbath. We got a raft of really cute pictures - did you go see them at Kodak Gallery? Randy took lots of series of you and Stephanie under the waterfalls. Watching the slide show is like a movie! I didn't put them all on Kodak Gallery so you'll have to see them when you come again.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP