Sunday, October 01, 2006

high-flying fun

Ryan came to visit me this weekend. It's nice that he can get away on Fridays after his classes and stuff are over around 10:30a. I'm not done on Fridays until 5:00p! Life in Collegedale really spoiled me. I think we should all be free from obligations starting at noon on Fridays.

Anyway, Ryan came and we ate supper and went up for part of the outdoor vespers/bonfire at the field. It was nice to feel some good cool fall weather.

On Sabbath, I taught Ryan how to fly a helicopter before church. He was apparently deprived of cool toys like my plastic helicopter that my grandparents gave me about 4 years ago. : )



We had fun flying it at house finches and trying to catch it when it landed. Ryan took these pictures with his camera. It took several tries to get a good picture of it in the air.

Look! We actually used the table! I was beginning to wonder why I owned that particular piece of furniture. We had spaghetti, broccoli, and garlic bread for lunch and apple crisp and ice cream for dessert.


I guess Ryan likes the carpet better than the couch. Actually, he just was too tired to get up after I pushed him off the couch. I think he fell asleep down there.



Most of the summer birds are gone now. The chickadees are back and I'm seeing lots and lots of house sparrows. The nuthatches, like this one, are still enjoying the sunflower seed and will be around all winter. The one interesting bird I saw this weekend was a yellow-billed cuckoo. It was eating tent caterpillars out of my walnut tree, which I much appreciated.

7 comments:

Surfs Up 9:50 PM CDT  

I had a great time there this weekend Carrie. I like the picture of me eating at your table, I guess neither one of us eat at our tables very often!

Ryan

Anonymous 12:04 PM CDT  

Yeah, nobody should have to work after noon on Friday. I feel sad I have to work till about 2:00 or 2:30. I don't complain though.

Wow! You have your own helicopter!

whisperer 6:30 PM CDT  

Surprise! I didn't know Ryan came to visit! I'm glad you had some time together. Ryan looks good on the living room floor- it adds to the decor.

Ryan and Jaclyn 7:46 PM CDT  

I agree, Ryan does look good on the living room floor. Those blue jeans look great against the red couch too. ;-) I like the picture of you with the 'copter, you look like a little kid with a Christmas present!

golftooter 10:55 AM CDT  

I like the calmness or blissfulness I see in your face when you are around Ryan. He seems to be good for you.

Unknown 2:08 PM CDT  

can i come over for spaghetti? :) i really really like that couch. glad you got some r and r with the man: i know how nice it is after being apart. :) i saw erik for two days in christchurch, then he's gone again for another month. anyway, glad to see you doing well! and i agree about fridays ;)

MJ 8:45 PM CDT  

Yes, I like your couch too, and the guy on the floor beside it - didn't the two of you fit on it at the same time?!#@%$? :) I hope I get to see it sometime in real life, and play with the helicopter too. Poor deprived Ryan didn't have such fancy toys - balls of all shapes & sizes made him quite happy. He IS lucky to have Friday afternoons off! We've had the last 2 off (due to testing) and I could get used to it I've decided.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP