Sunday, October 22, 2006

this one time, on band tour...

These are some of my pictures from the weekend in Memphis. Jeff Massey drove the bus for us and had fun knocking me over by swerving while I was taking pictures. We left on Friday morning at 7:30 and got to Memphis Junior Academy in time to set up and do a program for the school at 1:00. After that, we got to go to the mall for a little over an hour (not enough time) before heading to the church to unload and eat supper.

This is the concert band, minus me and Robin Hawkins, the directors' wife. We were taking pictures. They got their baby, Bethany, a black shirt and khakis for the tours. Robin printed an iron-on transfer of the logos and put them on hers.

After we ate supper, the families took all of us to their houses for the night. Heather, Amber, and I went with Jepthae Calkins. She went to Southern with me and teaches 1st and 2nd grades at MJA. We went with 2 other groups to Casey & Lisa Hann's house and played with their Jack Russell terrier, Bruiser (in this picture with Heather, our bass clarinet player), and the black lab Chico. We watched End of the Spear, a movie about Nate Saint and the missionaries who were killed by Waodanis in Ecuador.



The program went pretty well Sabbath. Between us and Sole Voce, we covered the sermon time plus some. My butt was pretty sore from sitting on the folding wooden chair for over an hour! Amber took this picture of me with my camer when we were warming up and tuning in the daycare area.

This picture of me is from today when I was talking to Ryan on the phone. I went to take pictures of the trees. Some other ones came out better as far as the exposure, but this is the only one I'm in!

3 comments:

whisperer 6:52 PM CDT  

Hi, is Jeff Massey from Andrews? He looks familiar.

Surfs Up 8:08 PM CDT  

I like the picture of you under the tree! The colors there are really pretty.

Ryan

Unknown 11:41 PM CDT  

ahhh the memories of choir trips.... :) glad to see you having fun! love ya

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP