Friday, November 03, 2006

Spirit Week

This is the kind of day we had Thursday. There were fog advisories and warnings during the morning and the weather stayed pretty much the same all day. I took my camera outside and set the white balance for incandescent light to make the picture look blue. I'm not sure where I learned that you can do that . . .

This week was SA Spirit Week. Monday was 70s day, Tuesday was Tacky Day (and the only day I dressed up for), Wednesday was Career Day, Thursday was Senior Citizen Day, and today was Ancient Day. This picture is of Terri-Lynn, who says she knows Heilmans from Canada. Her Career Day outfit was my favorite.

These are some of my favorite old people from Thursday. Leah (L) is a Freshman and Briana (R) is a Junior. I think Briana dressed up for every day. I have a really good picture of Nicole jumping up in the air when she's dressed as an old lady, but it was from the yearbook camera and is on my computer in the office. Oh well.

This is Andy Wade's hand. He had a student land on him playing flagball Tuesday. Upon x-raying himself with a dental x-ray machine, he realized he was going to need more than just a splint. Click to see the wire sticking out of the end of his finger. Good thing it was workman's comp!


This is my new toy. It's a nice ergonomic keyboard that slopes down. I like it a lot so far. Thanks for the idea Lindsey! I got it for only $17 (on the school's dime) because someone had 2 gift certificates to use before the 31st.

Another exciting discovery today was that I found a drawer in my desk that I didn't know was there. Don had a good laugh, at my expense.

This was my project for the evening. It's the first scrapbooking I've done since moving here. I had fun using rub-on transfers to do some of the letters and the date. Notice the chipmunk Randy!!! You can't throw rocks at this one. >: (

6 comments:

Surfs Up 10:41 PM CST  

I love the collage you made! It looks great. And Andy's hand looks terrible! I never heard! Is it broken pretty bad? And the weather looked miserable on that foggy day! I love you.

Ryan

Ryan and Jaclyn 7:25 AM CST  

Wow, I love the camping page! Looks like you were busy last night. Are you going to do any more?

whisperer 11:23 AM CST  

That finger is just gross! I hate it when they leave pins sticking out like that.

Does Randy really throw rocks at Chipmunks? And here I thought he was a nice guy! :( That boy is in TROUBLE! hehehe

whisperer 11:26 AM CST  

FYI I had this desk Grandpa Jack made me for quite awhile before I realized it had a drawer. Then I would forget about it too. Maybe its a genetic defect or something-I would'nt tell Don.

Unknown 9:11 PM CST  

hi you, i didn't realize andy was there? i assume he's doing PE? the weekend i met adam at the retreat at kulaquah (sp?) i met andy first and had a little crush on him. turns out they were cousins. ;) so, you're going to do the scrapbooking for my wedding right? ;) have a great weekend, luv ya

MJ 9:26 PM CST  

I like that page too! Keep going. I love your scrapbooks.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP