Saturday, October 28, 2006

back 40 hike

The "Back 40" refers to 40ish (I assume) acres of property around the school. It has wide trails and a couple of streams that make it a fun walk. Steve was technically on duty, but Randy and I tagged along for fun.

Here's a shot of most of the group that went. The girls in the front thought that we were really hiking to the "bed springs" because a sign in the dorm said so. [I'm rolling my eyes]

The first stop is always at the pond behind Don & J.P.'s for the dogs to chase sticks. Steve brought Marley and Randy brought Abner.

I used a thing on Picasa to take the color out of this picture of Abner on the edges. I think it looks interesting. Will have to experiment more.

This is Marley ridding herself of excess pond water. Look at those jowls! Marley wasn't her usual pirate self, but it was fun to watch them anyway.




We followed a couple of different trails to go down to a creek. The streambed is solid rock. It almost looks like someone put a sunken sidewalk there and is running water down it. The dogs like to jump off the rocks to fetch sticks, or logs, in Abner's case.




This was right before a couple of guys tried to climb trees too small for them. The trees just bent over and the guys had to let go.

I'm gonna go take a short nap, hopefully, before I have to be on duty again at 6:30. The Senior Benefit is tonight for their mission trip. We're having Italian food and a show in the gym. Should be fun!

1 comments:

Anonymous 6:05 PM CST  

back 40 just means the back acrege. I always picture a river on the back 40 and going on a hayride to get there.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP