Sunday, February 04, 2007

a good time was had by all . . .

Jaclyn, Hollie, and I at the birthday lunch at Olive Garden Friday. We were celebrating 3-for-1: Hollie, Brooks, and Ryan.


Kim Hinck (sp?) was our server. She went to school with Ryan and remembered it was his birthday, so she and the staff sang to him without us even asking.

Ryan got in the all-important basketball time out in the nice weather before setting out for a hike.

Randy and Ryan on the trail to Sunset Rock. We WALKED there.

Some beautiful ice on the trail. I had to go mountain goat style (in my Crocs, mom) to get this shot.

The view from the cold, windy, cold, slippery, cold top.

Jaclyn and Stephanie make friends with a friendly hypo-allergenic great dane statue.

For Grant and Stephanie: el puente que camina

Downtown Chattanooga - the points of the aquarium sticking up


Who could resist a rousing game or two of Ukranian Manners? Stephanie yanks the pen away from Mary Jane then Jaclyn rolls frantically, looking for a 1 or 6.

But the winner of both games was Ryan. I guess I should have sat on the stealing side to slow him down some. Jason wasn't fast enough.


The real entertainment of the weekend was Ryan's bongo board that Dr. Sloan gave him. We all gave it a shot. I only wish we had a picture of Stephanie, because I'm not sure how she fell the way she did! I did fly off once, but only once. It was really fun. I even tried to steal it from Ryan, but unfortunately it fit in his suitcase. =(

We really should become Southern sweatshirt models. I'll take one in every color.

5 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 10:42 PM CST  

Your creativity astounds me every time! How do you do it! I suggest we apply at the Campus Shop for a sweatshirt modeling position. Maybe that way we can get free sweatshirts since they are so costly. Or maybe the PR dept would help us in our quest for sweatshirts. After all, we are alumni, we're the best PR they've got.

Stephanie 10:43 PM CST  

See how serene I look as I calmly take the pen from Mary Jane's clenched fingers? Don't tell anybody, but it's all lies.

Surfs Up 6:10 AM CST  

It was sure a fun weekend that went by way too fast. Nice combination pics. of the bongo board! And I like that sunset picture from the Walnut Street Bridge. Happy Cold Monday!

Love,
Ryan

MJ 9:22 PM CST  

I'm still laughing at the combo picture of the "boarders" in our living room! What next. You're something else. Can't wait to see your next post. . . Stephanie, you were just way too slick getting the pen from me - I thought all those quick grabs were lies - you probably never rolled a 1 or 6 but just pretended!

Unknown 10:36 PM CST  

That looks like a lot of fun. :) Monty and I hiked up to sunset once around 5:30 am in the middle of winter with his rowing team. (Don't ask me why!). :) It's a good little hike. I miss you guys. It's nice to see you all having fun together!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP