Tuesday, June 26, 2007

things i'll regret aquiring during my next move . . .

I acquired a new piece of furniture today. Nikie and Chadd were given this entertainment center and they didn't want it b/c it doesn't match the wood on their other furniture. They also don't need it b/c they have built-ins in their house. Anyway, they said I could have it or it was going to Goodwill.

It's in pretty good shape, aside from missing a knob, the left door is cracked all the way down but is being held by some L-brackets, and some gouges where their TV sat.

As you can tell, my TV doesn't begin to fill the space. Maybe I can get 3 more and have some multi-screen action? Anyway, I can hide something there with the door shut. I have to do something about the wires coming down too . . .

The other piece I've had for a while now is this bookshelf. I had to get a floor sample from the store b/c they didn't have any more in this finish (which matches the legs on my couch perfectly). This picture makes the cabinet and bookshelf look like they're a similar color, but they're really not this close. It's an optical delusion.

Here's the front view. Things are just randomly put up there right now. As you can see, Ryan added some items to the shelves too.

I think it's fun anyway, and thanks to all who contributed to my birthday bookshelf. It just took me a while to actually go buy. Too bad you can't tell in this picture how white and shiny my trim is behind this shelf. That's another project I have to finish . . .

Anyway, I've got the munchies after my softball game, so I'm gonna go pop some popcorn.

7 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 4:55 AM CDT  

looks like what my Ryan does on my furniture... pile of wallet, keys, whatever is in his pockets ;-)

Anonymous 5:51 AM CDT  

I have that same picture of us on my bookshelf in the living room! I think you need to get a bigger tv... much bigger. :-D

Carrie 7:37 AM CDT  

what's funny is the tv feels a lot bigger just because it's closer to the couch.

whisperer 3:23 PM CDT  

Are those live plants in your house?

Carrie 3:45 PM CDT  

yes, they're live plants . . . why?

golftooter 7:13 PM CDT  

Congratulations! Now you have two different kinds of wood you are free to explore many different styles and kinds of furniture.

Natural wood doesn't really match anyway, not even if it is the same kind and finish.

Unknown 8:13 PM CDT  

wow. you're nesting! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP