Sunday, July 22, 2007

109-40-109

The title of this post is the directions to my house from my parents, or vice versa. Now you know.

Ryan and I left my parents' this morning a little before 9:00a EDT and got back to Highland around 5:15p EDT, so we made pretty good time. We stopped at the last rest area in NC going west on I-40 and had fun taking weird pictures. People kept looking at us like we were strange. Oh well.

I finished painting this bird puzzle last night, and after looking at it this morning, dad thought it needed some more sanding. He sanded the tree, leaves, and background, so I have to repaint them, but they're not nearly as hard as the birds. The oriole and hummingbird ended up being my favorite of the birds. It was hard cutting them out and retaining the right shape for each of them.

Well, time to start unpacking. Too bad I have to go back to my job tomorrow :(

3 comments:

Surfs Up 8:44 PM CDT  

I like that picture Carrie... I was sure smiling! And your puzzle looks great after all the hours work. The week was a blast and I wish we were still there.
Love,
Ryan

Surfs Up 10:36 PM CDT  

Hey - PDA!!! At a rest area??? What on earth!!!! And you're both teachers' kids!!!! What is this world coming to????

I love the puzzle you made. You're so crafty! Mary Jane

(I'm under Ryan's account so the source of this comment may be confusing)

Ryan and Jaclyn 10:44 PM CDT  

I agree with Ryan, he sure was smiling! I'm seeing more of Ryan's great big smiles when you're around than any other time in his life!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP