Tuesday, November 27, 2007

mmm . . . pumpkin-y goodness

After a too-short stop at the Cooks' on the way home Tuesday night, Jaclyn, Ryan, and I made it to my parents' house late that night. Traffic wasn't terrible, and the weather was pretty good. We met up with Lindsey the next day as she was coming through Greensboro.

This was the 7th annual Honeys' Christmas. The group was a little slimmer than in the past, but I guess that's to be expected now.

Lindsey liked her cookie jar and salt shakers (that she picked out), and the candle paraphernalia from Jaclyn. It was fun, even though it happened in a parking lot. Ryan and my dad served as official photographers for the occasion.

I thought the bows on my head were a special touch . . . ok, maybe "short bus special . . ."






We spent Thanksgiving day with the Fords in Raleigh. Through a combined cooking/baking effort, quite a feast was laid out before us. Jaclyn searches through the cabinet for the basket to put rolls in.






Stephanie says, "Only YOU can prevent Thanksgiving table fires."









After dinner, we hung out and watched Big Red. It was a favorite for a few and a new movie for me. Even though the only cat in the movie died, I'd have to give it 2 paws way up. Luckily my dad was there to predict the plot, so it wasn't so suspenseful.

I had a quick Friday morning photo shoot with Solomon before leaving for Concord Mills to go shopping for the day. Solomon likes to charge the camera if he knows you're aiming at him, so you have to be sneaky. Any hint of bending down to his level, and he comes straight to you.

Here he is decorated with some leaves, but as predicted, he walked right out of focus. There's nothing like a good crisp shot of his back fur though . . .

If you want to see pictures of our shopping excursion, see Ryan's blog.


For our last major outing, we took the dogs to Salem Lake for a walk on the trail. Oreo stopped to inspect the oncoming boxer, while Maggie wonders, "Why are you making such a big deal about a dog?"


Dad has lots more pictures that are good, I'm sure. Maybe you should all email him and tell him to update his blog . . . Otherwise, you'll have to wait until I go back home and steal his memory card.






The sunset setting on my camera made this look much more spectacular than it really was, but hey . . . don't believe everything you see on the Internet.



Maggie's preferred way to travel: windblown. I had the distinct privilege of riding with the beasts in the back seat on this trip. If only I could ride on the hood and show you her face!

3 comments:

MJ 8:35 PM CST  

I thought Ryan was with you over the weekend - where is he??? Looks like you guys had a nice time together there at Ford's. We're looking forward to having you around here this weekend.

Anonymous 7:16 AM CST  

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Disappointed that I didn't know anything about "the girls" Christmas.

Erik and Tara 1:41 AM CST  

this made me so homesick! i really missed "christmas" with you guys, even if you were in a parking lot. :) i have been thinking of you lots and lots. how is the wedding planning coming? anyway, have a great holiday season for me. right now i'm roasting in 90 degree heat. :) love u!! tara

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP