Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a white leap year

Madison's church hockey league. This is the Avalanche (Chadd & Nikie's team) playing the Flames. Ryan wanted to see what the gym looked like, so here it is.



I watched Carson up in Chadd's office. It has windows that look out over the gym. Nikie and I stopped at Taco Bell on the way over to Madison and they got everything in her order wrong except her water. :(


It started snowing during the evening and by the time we left Madison the ground was covered. This is what my house looked like before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, there was less snow because it had blown away. So basically, we had about 2 inches of snow with 4 inch drifts!

The street lights by the shed and dumpsters - that's gotta make you want to see it, huh? See the difference in the light temperatures of those two lights? When I went to sleep I set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier so I could get up and take pictures of the snow before it melted.

Because the temperature dropped during the day, the snow had a layer of ice under it. My sidewalk was pretty slippery!





Me with my front yard in the background. I really wanted to go sledding with Steve and Janelle, who we found sliding down the hill by their house in the dark with head lamps.





Jeff got out early to clear the paths.




Campus around the time kids showed up for their first classes.



It started snowing again later and kept snowing the rest of the day off and on, even though the ground had melted. :(





The kids had fun chasing each other around and throwing snowballs. We even have a 4' snowman in front of the ad building!

2 comments:

whisperer 7:02 AM CST  

I want snow! Maggie would like to go sledding and Oreo would like to go leaping.

Psst! Carrie has a snow booger in that on pic! Eew!

JASON MASHAK 7:29 AM CDT  

That pic of you with the snowflake on your lip reminds me of a story about Neil Young playing a concert that was being recorded for film, and he had a big flake of coke (not the softdrink) in his mustache, so when they edited the film they had to touch-up the film to get rid of it.

You should leave the snow in your pic, though, since we all know you've no despicable habits to speak of. ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP