Monday, August 18, 2008

flights of fancy

One of the perks of moving into this house is that Chadd had definitely lured in the local hummingbird population. All I have to do now is keep my feeders full as we move toward the fall migration southward.

This hummer didn't trust me and kept looking over its shoulder every time I went to click the shutter. There was a female stuck in the garage for most of today - drawn in by the red emergency cord on the opener. It finally flew out the side door on its own.

They are very territorial and will stake out a feeder and keep all the other birds away from it.

This is my favorite picture from today. This female flew straight at me while it tried to figure out what I was doing.

Finally some sharing!

I liked when they flew up to look at me through the nectar.

Our feeder in the front of the house gets lots of activity too. We have three total, but I think the count will have to go up next summer.

3 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 8:53 PM CDT  

W O W. National Geographic might be looking you up.

Erik and Tara 11:11 PM CDT  

i like the new blog format: how did u make it? :)

Anonymous 10:35 AM CDT  

Very interesting photo series!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP