Monday, November 24, 2008

busted . . .

I was on supervision this weekend, which meant I attended vespers, Sabbath School, church, the fall festival, and the church Thanksgiving banquet. Whew . . .

Band also played for church, so I supervised from the platform for some of that! We played a song from the movie Exodus that was really fun. Our Christmas concert is coming up on Dec. 5, so more practice is in store for me!

Ryan took $15 to the fall festival to cover meal and entertainment expenses. He participated in the hockey shot and basketball free throw contests and ended up winning the free throw shoot-out. His prize . . . $10. So he came home with $14, even after paying for his food. (One extra dollar was spent trying one of the contests twice.)

On e of the inflatable games the sophomores rented was this battle ring where you try to knock the other person off their perch. This picture of one of our students falling came out pretty good. Ryan and I entered the ring later and drew a pretty big crowd. A big cheer erupted when I finally knocked Ryan off. I fell off a lot.

No sooner had I gone down the zip line with Olivia (stay tuned for that video later), that two sophomore guys, Ethan and Justin, apologetically dragged me to jail. Thank you to my student worker . . . So I sat for my five-minute sentence and then was released.

A few minutes later, they grabbed me again and threw me in the stocks! What my student worker didn't think about was that my three-minute confinement gave me time to think up a plan of revenge. Muah ha ha ha . . .


My last duty for the weekend was to go supervise what Ryan called the "Church Eating Festival," more commonly known as the Thanksgiving banquet. We all gather in the elementary gym for Thanksgiving food and church members bring salads and desserts. Yum!




And you get to see all the little kids get up and try to follow the teachers kneeling in front of them mouthing out the words.

2 comments:

MJ 7:55 AM CST  

Wish I'd been there to see the fun you two had at the festival! What a hoot.

Erik and Tara 2:31 PM CST  

i miss you :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP