Monday, February 16, 2009

miles to go before we sleep

Sabbath afternoon on the White House Greenway - Valentine's Day <3

This is us at the beginning of what we thought would be a 3.5-mile leisurely jaunt around White House's Greenway. You can see the sign and map behind us. The Greenway crosses the roads that Ryan drives to school every day, TN-31 and TN-76.

Pictures of your fearless Greenway-goers. I don't know what to call Ryan . . . a scooterer?

I liked this shot of Ryan going down the hill in front of me. I can't remember if this was before or after the really steep part. I almost died! . . . but I'm sure you don't want to hear about that . . .





This part of the woods was my favorite. Not only was it downhill (one way!), but it had all the pretty beech trees with their leaves still on. It felt very airy in that stretch. At the bottom of this hill was our first road crossing. I think we went across two roads and under two roads.




Us at a bridge near a lovely-smelling water treatment facility

This is my reaction to discovering that we could only go from point A (left hand) counter-clockwise to point B (right hand) and that the part between my hands DOES NOT EXIST YET! We found the Adventist church though. It was right where we came out. So, we had to go back the 3.5 miles to our car instead of just looping around. The Greenway will eventually go through the municipal park.

A lot of our journey was along Honey Run Creek, appropriately named for our outing! I could tell that a LOT of water comes through there sometimes. There were bags high in the trees from the water being way up. There are signs around that warn of flash floods. There are also signs that warn of snakes, so we'll (I'll) definitely look out for those.

Can you tell this is the after picture? This was after a sprint up the very long hill almost at the end (back to our car). We were pretty sweaty, but cold because of the wind chill.

We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring White House (didn't take very long). We wrapped up the evening by hitting Taco Bell, then a quick grocery run to Walmart.

2 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 10:23 PM CST  

I am amazed at your coordination - to rollerblade over 6 miles in an familiar and unlevel place holding a camera, and a cell phone and come back with everything in good order is a major feat!

MJ 8:50 PM CST  

So you've discovered another spot to enjoy a Sabbath day's journey. I enjoyed the narrative, and pictures, as always. See ya' next weekend!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP