Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blues' revenge

Ryan called me Thursday afternoon when I was in the thick of Junior Benefit preparations, painting sign after sign with our sponsors' logos for the gym. He had a lady he works with offer him Predators tickets for that night's game against the St. Louis Blues.

I told him I definitely wanted to go, but would have to see if I could leave early from setting up that night. The games start at 7:00 and I was supposed to set up until 7:35, during rec.

I talked to Michael, our other sponsor and he was fine with me leaving 30 minutes early. We left at 7:00 and showed up downtown in the break between the first two periods. Ryan wouldn't tell me where our seats were because he wanted to surprise me with how close they were. We were a mere 9 rows from the action, right behind the goal! This picture shows our view of our seats from the last Thursday game - 300 level.

One of many faceoffs

This game was pretty intense. Both the Blues and Preds are fighting for the last playoff spot. They played each other three times in 9 days and the Preds came out on top twice. All three games went to overtime!

J.P. Dumont shoots! It was fun being at a level where I could actually see the names on the jerseys to know who everyone was. The line down the picture is one of the joints between two pieces of plexiglass.

This reminds me of the stories from Ryan about Hardy last year. Kids threw their shoes and shirts off before they started hitting each other. Apparently it's no different for adults. The refs immediately jumped in and broke up this fight. As long as the players are still standing, they don't seem to do anything, but as soon as they're down it's over.

You never know who's going to come around on the Zamboni! There weren't any fun games in between periods during this game. All they did was throw t-shirts and we were too close to the glass and net for them to throw one to us :(.

Ryan and I in our seats. We got Predators shirts after the last game. We had no idea we'd get to wear them so soon to a game! What's funny is that I had worn mine all day, not knowing we even had a chance to go to a game that night.

Wide shot of the game in action. We got to see lots of shots on goal by both teams since they switch ends each period.

Some shots from the game









Nashville's goalie Pekka Rinne taking a drink after making some great saves.

The Predators had scored once in the first period and the Blues scored early in the second. The Blues made 6 shot attempts during their power play during overtime while Erat sat out for a hooking penalty. The Blues scored a few seconds after the power play ended from right in front of the crease. It was the first time in 14 games this season that the Preds have lost after leading in the first period.

Get ready for another hockey blog this week after we see them thrash the Coyotes this Thursday night.

5 comments:

Ryan and Jaclyn 10:12 AM CST  

Dare I say... I detected some hints of Ryan in this post... I can tell you live in the same house. ;-) Lets hope the Preds do thrash 'em Thursday.

whisperer 1:29 PM CST  

I can hardly wait for the next game!

MJ 4:33 AM CST  

What seats you had! I'm glad you could squeeze it into your packed schedule. Sure wish we could go with you sometime. I can feel the frenzy just reading your blog.

Stephanie 10:40 AM CST  

I think you could probably sell some of these and get some big bucks. Just a thought.

Surfs Up 4:37 PM CST  

No way Stephanie, the games are way too exciting!! We'll be watching on TV tonight when they host the rival defending champion Detroit Red Wings!! And Jaclyn, they did thrash the Coyotes 4-1 after 46 shots on goal! Enjoy the Alumni Weekend there and don't forget to breath! Ah, boarding school memories...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP