Sunday, March 19, 2006

the tragic story of my thumb

So you can't tell in the picture really, but this is what my thumb looks like after being shut in a car door. We were getting out of Jaclyn's car at Kari Shultz's house Sabbath and I made some joke about Anthony's new car. Stephanie laughed and proceeded to squish my thumb in between the back and front doors. The door totally shut and latched! Ow! I got ice on it within 30 seconds, I think. I just ran inside and said "Kari, I need ice." I think I was in shock at seeing 80% of my finger disappear between two pieces of metal. Thank goodness for weather stripping! Today my thumb is sore and turning black. I'm sure many more beautiful colors will follow shortly.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty fun. After I mastered eating with my left hand, we went down to the Imagination Station in Collegedale to play. Stephanie and Tanya took over the tank. (Look out!) We walked around for a while, then headed back to campus. I had to go to the Madrigals concert for Evensong because I skipped vespers. I met up with everyone back at Kari's house to play games. After attempting to play about 3 rounds of Dutch Blitz with only my left hand, I decided to head back to the apartment to watch CSI until I fell asleep.

Today was really boring. I woke up before 8:00a because I've gotten too much sleep over the weekend. I watched Meet the Fockers then went to search for a splint for my mutilated thumb. I came back and started watching Gladiator, but fell alseep before the end. I went back to the mall and went shopping again, then came back and packed for my trip. I just finished watching Meet the Fockers and now I'm keeping myself awake so I can go to Thatcher South for my one worship credit for the week.

I'll update this while I'm at Lindsey's, hopefully. Maybe I'll have some cherry blossom pics by then!

0 comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP