Monday, July 24, 2006

happy valley vacation

Friday
On Friday, I went down to Collegedale as soon as I could sneak out of the office. The Heilmans, Jaclyn, and I went to Harrison Bay for a last trip out boating before Ryan had to move.

We took the Sea Doo just for fun, and it was good that we did since the boat overheated and we couldn't drive it. Ryan and I spent the most time driving it, but Jaclyn took it out for a while too.


It was nice to get out on the lake one more time this summer. Click to make the pictures bigger. I plan on putting lots in this post, so I didn't want them too big. Thanks for this picture MJ! I finally got to steal one of yours! Jaclyn has lots of good pictures from this weekend on her blog too. I don't want to post any of her pictures because it just gets redundant. I'm pretty sure the same handful of people read all of these blogs anyway!

Sabbath
Jaclyn and I stayed up until 2 am Sabbath talking. That's what happens when roommates/best friends are away from each other for a while ; ) We got up and went to the 2nd Third at CA, then had spaghetti (of course) at the Heilmans.


For the afternoon, we decided to check out Coolidge park, even though the clouds were threatening rain. I love the view from the walking bridge. They've really done a lot downtown to make it look nicer in the last couple of years.

I rollerbladed up this curvy sidewalk once. I don't recommend it. You can't tell how steep it is from the angle shown.








When we got back, we played "Sabbath Clue." Ok, I don't remember the real name, but that gives you an idea of the point of the game. Apparently, I am a trend setter, because as soon as I did this:
Mary Jane tried to copy me:
She couldn't do it because she was laughing too hard. Jaclyn managed to get the pencil balanced:
And Ryan just laughed at us all. He did manage to get the pencil balanced too, but I don't have a picture of it. We are all ADD and got sidetracked for a while.

2 comments:

MJ 4:25 PM CDT  

I love your entries, even though they're about the sad event partly. I am at the Mt. Vernon library and haven't been able to update my blog about the move. I'm enjoying being here, helping with what I can, and am in no hurry to leave. His couch is plenty comfortable for me to sleep on. I may never get rid of us!!!

Anonymous 1:46 PM CDT  

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP