Friday, August 25, 2006

feelin' hot, hot, hot

Here's my first Sabbath random nature picture of the week. I know you all wait anxiously for these. What creature(s) have appeared in Carrie's yard this week?

This guy (or girl???) was lurking above my head when I ventured out to refill my bird feeders and go for a walk at 6:30 this morning. It was staring at me.

The sunset was really pretty as I was walking up to vespers. They decided to have an outdoor vespers up at the field. It's finally getting cool enough (at night) to have a fire and kind of enjoy it.

Jifer brought her dog, Trip (it has 3 legs), and Randy brought Abner. They had fun running around and terrorizing the kids. The seniors left around 5:30 this evening to go on their senior retreat at ICC (Indian Creek Camp), so we have the other dorm kids that stayed here still on campus. We're all going Sunday to ICC for the Fall Picnic. It's a required school day, so we should have most people there for it.

Our vespers theme for the evening: Hell (JUST KIDDING)
This is Corey. He's a new freshman/sophomore (I'm not sure which). He's in my faculty family. I kept waiting for him to turn his head sideways to get a good profile shot, but he never did. Unfortunately, the fire died down after this and wasn't as good for taking these kinds of shots. Flash was pretty much out of the question, because I kept blinding people. I wouldn't have wanted anyone to walk into the fire or anything . . .

You can pick either of these pictures of the fire as your favorite. I give you permission. (???) The first one is 1/320 sec.

The second pic is 1/2 sec. I like this one better, I think. It doesn't look real. The great thing about photographing fire is that it provides its own light. It's way better than trying to do the same thing to water. =)

Michael Smith looks more like a firefighter than a chaplain in this picture. He was beginning his worship talk about Peter. I thought he looked more interesting as a silhouette with his baseball hat than a person with no hat would. I'll put these and more pics up on the Highland event pictures site eventually. I spent several hours working on that section today. It's still not working right. =(

5 comments:

whisperer 9:29 PM CDT  

I like the pic of Cory.

Surfs Up 12:01 PM CDT  

I like the picture of the sunset! It is really pretty. And the pictures of the fire are neat too.

Ryan

MJ 5:17 PM CDT  

Such a talented photographer you are! Isn't it fun. I love seeing your latest posts. Keep it up! Can't wait to have you here again two weeks from now.

whisperer 9:44 AM CDT  

RE: the visitor. Since its Sabbath and its a but. I guess a praying Mantis.

I like your new pic. Its much funnier than Bucky

golftooter 11:33 AM CDT  

How far into your degree were you before you could balance a pencil?

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP