Friday, September 01, 2006

end of the week . . . finally

This week has felt really long. It's probably because this is the sixth straight day of work. And what am I rewarded with, but supervision duty for this weekend. No rest for the weary.

Sunday was our fall picnic, but you already knew that because that's my most recent post before this one. If you want to see more pictures, go to HA's website. Most of my work will end up going into that site, because it's what I'm responsible for.

We've been having our Week of Spiritual Emphasis (aka Week of Prayer). The evening meetings have been down at the church, until tonight, when we had to meet in the gym. I snapped this picture walking out to my car after Monday's meeting. I'll upload more of the pictures to HA's site on Monday or whenever I get to it. We had students and a staff member do testimonies each night. I ended up having to take my tripod and setting my camera on 800 ISO to get "clear" pictures. I didn't want to distract anyone with the flash. I ended up with funny-looking pictures of in-focus bodies, but moving mouths and eyelids!

Tomorrow, I'm on duty for Sabbath school, church, 3-5p at the park (the same one I took Ryan to), and then Junque Games at 8p. I don't think I'm on for supper. I'm confused . . . wait, maybe I'm not . . . I'm actually looking forward to Junque Games (Trash Night to all of you MPA people). It was one of my favorite events to go to. We have a "Nafie" situation this year, with Tyler Mathis as Freshman class president. We'll see if they can pull off a win over the older, wiser Seniors and Juniors. Don't count on it. I've already seen several versions of THE LIST floating around between the students this week, so they're gearing up for a good competition. I'll be there, camera in hand!

3 comments:

Surfs Up 8:57 AM CDT  

I just looked at Highland's website and all the Pictures from ICC. They are really good! The new dock looks nice and the Outdoor Chapel still looks the same.

Ryan

whisperer 9:08 AM CDT  

Sounds like you've got a busy day lined up for you. Hope trash night is fun. I like "junque games" sounds oh-la-la :) mom

MJ 5:46 PM CDT  

The night shot by the church is great. I need to go see your website shots now. I hope your week of prayer went well - ours sure did with Rob Laing.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP