Saturday, September 02, 2006

weekly dose of birds

Instead of eating lunch today, I sat in my car and took pictures of the birds at my feeders. I took some pita chips with me, so I wasn't totally skipping the meal.

The goldfinches like to fight each other for the best spot on the thistle sock.


This nuthatch noticed me hiding in my car. You can see it staring at me, deciding whether or not to brave a flight to the bird feeder.

He decided to go for it! All of the seeds he took were carried up to the tree bark, where they were shoved in the cracks in the bark and then cracked open.

This a female goldfinch with non-breeding plumage. I think they look totally different from the other birds. Try to find one that looks like this in your bird book!


2 comments:

Surfs Up 8:08 AM CDT  

Nice pictures Carrie! I like the one of the nuthatch. I hope you have a good brunch today. I can't wait for Wednesday!

Ryan

Unknown 4:22 AM CDT  

ok, so when are you going to be applying for that national geographic photographer position again? let me know so i can say "i told you so." ;)

love tara

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP