Thursday, November 23, 2006

finally home

My break started with driving to Chattanooga, where I met Hollie and Jaclyn for supper at Olive Garden (sorry Tara!). I had forgotten about the time difference and had a kind of late lunch while I was driving from Portland. I managed to finish my food though, plus salad and one breadstick. It was fun to see Hollie and we even went shopping for a little while in the mall afterward.

I got to see Ryan for a few hours after Jaclyn and I picked him up from dropping off his rental car at the airport. His family took off a little after we did, on their way to Florida. Ryan got his new car - the one from his blog - so we took that for a spin around Collegedale before they left.

Our drive yesterday was pretty eventful . . . and long. You can look at Jaclyn's blog for the details and pictures. An attempt to avoid bad traffic ended up costing us some time. All it takes is one other car, I guess. A good thing that happened was getting to stop and see the Cooks at their house on our way home.

Last night, we just hung out and played with the animals. I got to see the "big squirrel" that makes Maggie so excited in the back yard. She kept wanting out after we saw the possum, but she finally calmed down and decided to eat my dad's cough drops instead. She's a weird dog . . .

Grant enjoyed watching some TV with Jaz after she came in from the cold. Lily and Myrrh didn't remember me, but by now they've warmed up again. I had to kick them out of my room last night so I could sleep >:(


For now, we're still watching for Grandma and Grandpa Rilea (and squirrels) to get here!

1 comments:

Surfs Up 8:03 PM CST  

Nice pictures!!! Too bad I couldn't have come... It was fun in FL, just way to short... 4 days of driving for 2 days there, no driving next year at Thanksgiving!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP