Thursday, August 02, 2007

changes

You'll have to look closely at these pictures to see the evolution of my office. I'm really supposed to be packing for my weekend in Collegedale and for Sunday through Wednesday's teachers' convention at Indian Creek. Instead, I got preoccupied. Anyone who knows me well knows that I clean rooms by rearranging my furniture. It's the only way to get things really clean. For instance, I vacuumed every part of the floor in this room tonight. I think that's an accomplishment.

Early October 2006 - The original state of my office (after unpacking). I like the red color, but wished they had spent more than 10 minutes slapping it on the walls. It also shows lots of scuffs and imperfections that could be hidden better.

Late October 2006 - I got curtains! There wasn't really any other change besides the curtains.

August 2007 - Voila! I moved my desk to the wall opposite the door and got all of my scrapbooking/craft junk out of your first line of site when you walk in the room. I still need something better than a rubber band (!) to hold back the curtains.

I put all of my scrapbooking and craft junk together on the small wall between the door and closet. That way it can be messy and you don't see it unless you're in the room. I also need somewhere better for my coolers, but I'm afraid to put them in the creepy basement! They can live below that table for now.

Another tidbit - if you know me, you know I lost 3 softball bats in the middle of my room when I was younger. I didn't find anything interesting today, except $10 in rolled coins. Take that to the bank!

1 comments:

Unknown 5:17 PM CDT  

sigh... i can't wait to nest! :) i love the red walls. the curtains are super nice too! i can't wait to see u. just 3 weeks till we fly back, crazy! stupid air nz had to change the baggage allowance to 50 pounds though (vs. normal 70). grr... think we'll be sending a box home by cargo! :) miss ya

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP